E-wallets are increasingly popular and are considered one of the indispensable applications in many people's smartphone phones.
Some names are very familiar to you such as Ví MOMO, Viettel Pay, Zalo Pay, Airpay ...
In the series of articles on these types of electronic wallets, I will give you detailed instructions on how to install, use and participate in promotions to receive gifts.
Today we invite you to find out about MOMO Wallet.
- 1 What is MOMO wallet?
- 2 The function of the MOMO wallet
- 3 Detailed instruction for MOMO wallet registration
- 4 Instructions for authenticating MOMO accounts
- 5 Detailed instruction on how to use MOMO wallet
- 5.1 How to link a MOMO wallet to a bank account
- 5.2 How to withdraw money from MOMO wallet
- 5.3 Invite friends to join MOMO to receive promotions
- 5.4 Buy a phone card with a MOMO wallet
- 5.5 Buy CGV movie tickets with MOMO
- 5.6 Pay utility bills on MOMO wallet
- 5.7 Buy apps on the Appstore with MOMO wallet
- 5.8 Top up MOMO wallet with Visa, Master Card, JCB
- 6 Frequently asked questions when using a MOMO wallet?
- 6.1 What is MOMO wallet used for?
- 6.2 Is MOMO wallet a scam?
- 6.3 Which banks does MOMO wallet link to?
- 6.4 What is the MOMO account number?
- 6.5 What should I do if I lost my phone to use MOMO?
- 6.6 How much does it cost to use MOMO wallet?
- 6.7 What is the minimum balance on MOMO wallet?
- 6.8 What should I do if I transfer money in MOMO wallet wrongly?
- 6.9 Can I withdraw from MOMO wallet for cash?
- 6.10 Withdrawal / deposit limit of MOMO wallet?
- 6.11 How to contact MOMO support?
- 6.12 MOMO wallet of any country?
- 6.13 Transaction limit on MOMO wallet?
- 6.14 Has MOMO wallet been hacked yet?
- 6.15 Can I install MOMO wallet application on my computer?
- 7 Summary
- 8 F
What is MOMO wallet?
MOMO wallet or full name is MoMo e-wallet application. This is a product of Online Mobile Service Joint Stock Company (M_Service).
Users can top up MoMo account to pay for more than 200 different services such as: Top up phone, pay utilities, pay consumer loans, etc.
- M_Service is a strategic partner of Vietcombank, OCB, VPBank, Vietinbank, TPBank, ACB, Eximbank, Sacombank, VIB, BIDV and Shinhan Bank. From October 16, 10, M_Service was licensed by the State Bank of Vietnam to provide e-wallet service No. 2015 / GP-NHNN.
- Address: Floor M, Petroland Building, 12 Tan Trao, P. Tan Phu, District 7, Tp. Ho Chi Minh.
- In the Fintech100 ranking published in October 10, MOMO is the only representative name in Vietnam among the top 2018 leading companies bringing breakthrough value to customers, business community and society.
- Money in MoMo Wallet account is guaranteed by Vietcombank.
- Received a license from the State Bank to manage e-wallet services in 2015.
- As a strategic partner of major banks such as Vietcombank, VietinBank, AgriBank, BIDV, ACB, TPBank, VPBank, EximBank, OCB, VIB, Shinhan Bank, SCB, SacomBank, VRB, BAOVIET Bank and Visa / card organizations Master / JCB.
As an end user, you can understand MOMO simply like an online wallet on your phone.
You transfer (deposit) money from your bank account to the wallet, and then use that money to use products, services, utilities that are part of the MOMO wallet ecosystem.
By associating with many partners who provide other products and services. Users can comfortably, shop and receive promotions right on the wallet application.
The function of the MOMO wallet
With the money deposited into the MOMO wallet, users can use the following services:
- Pay your bills: Pay your electricity, water, television, internet bills ... right on the MOMO app.
- Transfer / receive money: Users can transfer money to each other via MOMO account, or request money transfer, receive money from other people, or send money to celebrate, lucky money at the beginning of the year.
- Recharge the phone: Buy a phone card now on the MOMO wallet application from the network operators: Viettel, Mobifone, Vietnammobile, Vinaphone and Gphone.
- Supermarkets & convenience stores: Pay for items at the system of supermarkets and convenience stores: Co-op mart, Vissan, Lotte, Aeon, Circle K, Mini Stop, G25, 7 Eleven, GS25, Co -op Smile, Cheers ..
- Coffee & Milk Tea: Trung Nguyen Legend, The Coffee House, Bobapop, Phuc Long ...
- Restaurants: KFC, 37 Street, Vuvuzela, Kichi kichi, The Pizza Company ...
- Transportation - Travel: Booking tickets of carriers: Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet Air, Jetstars Pacific Airlines, Comeco, PVoil, Vexere.
- Entertainment: Paying for movie tickets at CGV, Lotte, Galaxy Cinema, BHD.
On the application, there are many products and services that can be paid with MOMO, you can go there to experience more.
I personally buy CGV tickets every week with MOMO and often pay for coffee with friends at The Coffee House through MOMO.
In addition, the feature to recharge your phone is also very used, for a long time no longer had to go to the store to buy phone scratch cards.
Detailed instruction for MOMO wallet registration
Currently the MOMO wallet app is available on Google Play and the App Store. You can go up there to search and download directly to your phone. Then install it like normal application.
Below I will guide you how to register for a MOMO account.
Step 1: Enter the phone number used to register your account on MOMO
Step 2: Enter Auth Code
An authentication code will be sent to this phone number. All you need to do is enter the correct code into the application and click Continue.
Step 3: Create a login password
Step 4: Enter the basic information
Enter Full Name and Email Address.
Instructions for authenticating MOMO accounts
Account verification will help MOMO better protect users in case of arising money problems in the account.
You authenticate your MOMO account by following these simple steps:
Step 1: In the main interface select My wallet.
Step 2: Choose settings to go to the authentication section.
Step 3: Select partial authentication.
Step 4: Fill in the credentials.
Wait for the MOMO team to check and validate the newly uploaded information.
Detailed instruction on how to use MOMO wallet
How to link a MOMO wallet to a bank account
This is the first important step for you to make payment with MOMO wallet. How to do the following:
Step 1: In the main interface, select Bank link.
Step 2: Select the bank you want to link.
Step 3: Verify account.
Step 4: Enter account information.
Notice: Here is the information you used to register your bank account.
Step 5: Enter the OTP verification code (this code will be sent via message to your original phone number).
I linked MOMO wallet to Vietcombank bank account. In addition, you can also add many other cards / accounts (bank card or Visa / Mastercard) to suit the needs of each person.
Once you have linked your MOMO wallet to your bank account, you can now top up your money directly from your bank account to your MOMO wallet account.
Step 1: Select Deposit to wallet at main screen.
Step 2: Enter the amount you wish to deposit and select a bank.
Step 3: Confirmation - MOMO will ask for a confirmation by password or fingerprint.
Step 4: Successful transaction.
This is the amount of money transferred from the bank account (originally registered) to the account in the MOMO wallet. Now you can use it to pay for services on MOMO.
How to withdraw money from MOMO wallet
In cases where you deposit too much money and want to withdraw to your bank account, MOMO fully allows users to make withdrawals in the wallet.
The steps are as follows:
Step 1: Select Withdraw at the main screen.
Step 2: Enter the amount you want to withdraw & select the bank you want to withdraw.
Step 3: Confirm withdrawal request.
After the successful confirmation, you will receive the amount just withdrawn in your bank account.
Notice: In addition to withdrawing to a bank account, users can also withdraw cash at Deposit / Withdrawal points.
These recharging points can be convenience stores, Viettel Post or electronics centers (in cooperation with MOMO). So quite convenient for users.
Invite friends to join MOMO to receive promotions
This is a program to encourage new users of MOMO that I quite like. In this program, users can invite their friends to register for the new MOMO wallet application and both of them will receive a promotion.
How to do the following:
First, the referral code for each person is the phone number you use to register your MOMO account. So easy to remember and convenient to use.
You guide your friends to download, install and link a bank account on MOMO wallet. In order for both of you to receive the promotion gift, please continue as follows:
Step 1: Select the Offer at the main screen.
Step 2: Enter your referees phone number in the box above.
Step 3: New users must link to a bank account.
Notice: The condition for both people to receive the incentive is that the new user must enter the correct phone number of the referrer. And, of course they have to link to a bank account and add money to the MOMO wallet.
UPDATE: At the time of my writing in December 12, MOMO has an attractive promotion to attract more new users.
- Referrer receives randomly 1 of 4 gift packages VND 500.000 - VND 600.000 - VND 800.000 - VND 999.000 (gift value of VND 100.000 - VND 150.000 - VND 200.000 - VND 299.000 respectively).
- Unlimited number of referrals and rewards.
To the person referred:
Receive a gift package worth 500.000 VND to pay for many services on MOMO.
Buy a phone card with a MOMO wallet
Buying a phone card with a MOMO wallet is a feature I often use. Very convenient and a partial refund on MOMO wallet.
Step 1: Select Buy mobile card code on the main screen.
Step 2: Select carrier and card value.
Step 3: Verify payment.
Step 4: You will receive a card code with the corresponding face value, click the Recharge Now button to top up.
Buy CGV movie tickets with MOMO
This is also one of my favorite MOMO utilities, which is to pay for CGV movie tickets right on the phone.
There are 2 ways to pay for movie tickets with MOMO.
Option 1: In the home interface, select Buy movie tickets (in the Entertainment section) => Select the movie you want to watch => Select the movie theater & show time and then pay.
Option 2: Go directly to the theater's app and then select the movie and then pay through MOMO. Simple implementation is as follows:
Step 1: Select movies on CGV application.
Step 2: At the checkout stage, select MOMO.
Step 3: You will be transferred to MOMO application. Here you confirm payment to complete the purchase of movie tickets at CGV.
Pay utility bills on MOMO wallet
Step 1: At the main screen, select Pay bill.
Step 2: Select the type of invoice you want to pay. Here I pay for electricity.
Step 3: Select the base of electricity used.
Step 4: Enter the customer code (indicated on the electric bill).
Then confirm payment is done. The payment will be linked directly to the customer code once you have entered it.
In addition to utility bills, users can also pay other bills such as:
- Consumer loans
- Postpaid mobile
- Apartment fee
- Payment of tuition / hospital fees
- Public service
Buy apps on the Appstore with MOMO wallet
Since August 08, App Store users have been able to add a payment method, the MOMO e-wallet, to purchase applications on Apple's store.
Step 1: On the App Store app - add a payment method as MOMO.
Step 2: Go to the MOMO application to confirm the link.
Step 3: For applications or games on the App Store, you can choose MOMO to pay directly to MOMO wallet when paying.
Top up MOMO wallet with Visa, Master Card, JCB
Recharging from the aforementioned cards is similar to depositing from a bank card
Step 1: In the main screen, select Topup.
Step 2: Enter the amount of money you want to deposit and select Other funding sources.
Step 3: Select the type of international card you want to use.
Step 4: Enter card information then confirm to complete the deposit.
Frequently asked questions when using a MOMO wallet?
What is MOMO wallet used for?
MOMO is an electronic wallet. It allows users to top up from bank accounts, credit card accounts to the wallet.
With the money deposited, users can use the wallet to pay for products and services associated with the MOMO wallet.
Some familiar services users can pay with MOMO wallet: Pay for purchases at shops, supermarkets, buy phone cards, get promotional codes, buy movie tickets, pay bills ... .
Is MOMO wallet a scam?
Online Mobile Services Joint Stock Company (M_Service) was licensed and managed the e-wallet service (MOMO) in 2015 by the State Bank. They are a clearly registered and affiliated business with Many big banks. There is no cheating MOMO.
However, some cases users encounter such as not receiving promotions or complaints are not resolved in time that frustrates customers. But that is a mistake in the operation of MOMO, not they cheat.
Which banks does MOMO wallet link to?
List of banks MOMO is supporting:
Vietcombank, OCB, VPBank, Vietinbank, TPBank, ACB, Eximbank, Sacombank, VIB, BIDV and Shinhan Bank.
What is the MOMO account number?
The user's MOMO account number is the original registered phone number.
When referring to your friends to receive promotions, you only need to send this account number is the phone number.
What should I do if I lost my phone to use MOMO?
Case 1: If you lose your phone & lose the sim.
Call directly to the support center of MOMO at the following number: 1900 54 54 41 or 028.399.171.99 to report a problem, close your account and get instructions to sign in again.
Case 2: If the phone is lost but still sim.
Install sim card and other phone to login MOMO. You will receive an OTP code to log in on the new device.
At that time, MOMO account on the lost phone will be automatically logged out. This will help increase the security for users when there are problems related to money in the account.
How much does it cost to use MOMO wallet?
Account creation, use and maintenance of MOMO wallets are free. Users do not have to pay any other fees.
However, some deposit or withdrawal services require a fee as follows:
- Deposit money from ATM cards of 30 banks of Napas system. Fee: 2.000 VND + 1.6% of transaction value.
- From international Visa / Master / JCB cards. Fee: VND 2.200 + 2% of transaction value.
- Withdraw money from MOMO account to bank account or at MOMO Deposit / withdrawal point.
What is the minimum balance on MOMO wallet?
MOMO does not require a minimum balance!
However, in some cases you may not be able to successfully deposit from your bank account into MOMO due to the minimum balance in the BANK ACCOUNT not enough.
What should I do if I transfer money in MOMO wallet wrongly?
At this time, you guys are calm and contact MOMO customer care for them to resolve. Some issues to discuss with the customer care staff:
- Content needs support
- Execution date GD
- The right amount
- Wrong amount
Can I withdraw from MOMO wallet for cash?
You just need to make a withdrawal request and select the withdrawal type is At the point of withdrawal. Then go to that location to receive your withdrawal.
Withdrawal / deposit limit of MOMO wallet?
For authenticated accounts:
- Maximum wallet balance: VND 50.000.000 / day.
- The maximum amount deposited in the wallet is VND 50.000.000 / day Withdraw from wallet maximum VND 20.000.000 / day.
- Unlimited number of transactions.
With an unauthenticated bank account, it cannot be deposited into MOMO.
How to contact MOMO support?
When there is a problem or complaint, users can contact MOMO directly through the channels:
- Hotline: 1900 5454 41 (VND 1000 / minute)
- E-mail: [Email protected]
MOMO wallet of any country?
MOMO wallet of Vietnam. Operated by Online Mobile Services Joint Stock Company (M_Service).
Transaction limit on MOMO wallet?
Depending on the bank.
For example: TP Bank, the maximum limit for 01 transaction is 1 million VND. Maximum limit for all transactions in the day is VND 5 million.
Has MOMO wallet been hacked yet?
Can I install MOMO wallet application on my computer?
At the time of launch, MOMO also supports web browsers. But according to my understanding, from January 01, the MOMO wallet application is only supported on mobile devices.
Some brothers share APK files or virtual machine software to install information on personal computers. But I advise you not to use this method.
MOMO as well as other financial applications directly related to user money, especially it directly linked to a bank account. Therefore, you should only use the officially released applications.
Files or applications from unofficial sources may be infected with malicious code, causing a compromised account or even more money.
See more types of wallets here.
Hopefully this article has helped you understand the overview of MOMO wallet and how to use it. The use of electronic payment wallets is becoming more and more popular in Vietnam.
MOMO is one of many widely used e-wallets. In the following articles, Coin98 will guide you to register and use other electronic wallets such as Zalo Pay, Grab Pay, Viettel Pay ... Please read!
Goodbye and see you again in the next article!