What is Agoric?
Agoric provides a secure and comfortable environment for developers to build, deploy, and operate sophisticated Dapps, NFTs, and DeFi markets without having to learn everything from scratch.
How does Agoric work?
The Agoric chain has three systems:
The Dapp Economy: Like other blockchains, the Dapp Economy is the place where Dapps are deployed. It also allows market participants to transact and create digital assets with each other (both fungible and non-fungible)
The Run Protocol mints RUN, the stable currency that is pegged 1:1 to the dollar (USD). All protocol fees, including those for gas, are paid in RUN. RUN serves as a medium of exchange, unit of account, and store of value for users. The RUN protocol is governed by BLD holders and includes an integrated Automated Market Maker (AMM).
Participants borrow RUN by depositing digital collateral in a participant-controlled vault where RUN is collateralized by assets like ATOM, ETH, USDC, etc.
Therefore, the more economic activity on the Agoric chain, the greater the demand for RUN.
The Staking Economy is where BLD holders stake their tokens with validators to ensure the Agoric chain’s security and ongoing operation.
These systems work collaboratively to ensure a vibrant crypto economy in which economic activity secures, stabilizes, and rewards network participants.
The Agoric chain will initially launch as part of the Cosmos ecosystem, as a sovereign blockchain built on the Tendermint consensus engine.
Why Agoric blockchain?
- Secure: Agoric invented the Object-Capability (OCap) security model to provide multi-layer defence in depth, with better separation and containment of risk.
- Composable: Agoric uses the ERTP (Electronic Rights Transfer Protocol) token standard, which enables developers to rapidly build smart contracts from reusable components. The growing library of components uniformly supports diverse types of digital assets and contracts, including fungible tokens, NFTs, and assets from other chains.
- First-Class DeFi: It has a built-in Zoe contract framework along with its integrated stable currency and automated market maker (AMM) to empower DeFi developers to quickly launch Dapps.
- Interoperable: The Inter-Blockchain Communication protocol (IBC) lets the Agoric chain make use of other chains’ assets, collateral, and services and operate across chains.
The Agoric Technology Stack
The Zoe Smart Contract Framework is illustrated as below:
ERTP: Agoric’s Electronic Rights Transfer Protocol (ERTP) provides a standard way to create and exchange assets. With ERTP, developers can easily represent digital assets and cryptoeconomic abstractions in a standard way
Zoe: Zoe is Agoric's smart contract framework. Use Zoe to run your code on-chain, mint new digital asset and credibly trade assets. Zoe relies on Agoric's Electronic Rights Transfer Protocol (ERTP), Agoric’s token standard
System-defined contracts: The blockchain itself leverages Zoe to implement governance, staking, staking derivatives, and other cryptoeconomic primitives. User-defined smart contracts can reuse these contract components, which can be made available to other developers.
What is Agoric Token?
The Agoric chain features two native tokens: BLD and RUN
What is BLD Token
BLD is a staking token supporting economic activity within the Agoric ecosystem.
What is RUN Token
RUN is a stable currency on the Agoric blockchain.
BLD Token Metrics
- Token Name: Agoric
- Ticker: BLD
- Blockchain: Agoric Blockchain
- Token Standard: ERTP
- Contract: Updating
- Token Type: Governance
- Total Supply: 1,000,000,000 BLD
- Circulating Supply: Updating...
BLD Token Allocation
- Network Decentralization: 17%
- Foundation: 12.5%
- Community & Ecosystem: 5.5%
- Core Contributors: 18.6%
- Advisors: 3%
- Early Backers: 11.4%
- Operations: 12.5%
- Private Sales - 2 year lockup: 8.6%
- Private Sales - 2 year lockup: 3.9%
- Public Sale: 7%
BLD Token Release Schedule
BLD Token Sale
The BLD token will be available for registration on Coinlist, as detailed below.
- Price: $0.80 per token.
- Lockup: Tokens unlock 6 months after the sale date, followed by a 12 month linear release.
- Supply: 45M.
- Price: $0.65 per token.
- Lockup: Tokens unlock on or around November 1, 2022, followed by a 12 month linear release.
- Supply: 25M.
Note: The registration deadline for the Agoric sale is December 26, 23:59 UTC.
BLD Token Use Case
BLD is a native token of the Agoric blockchain and has these main roles:
- Staking to become node validators or delegating to other validators. While stake BLD, you can also get the getRUN token which represents a portion of your staked BLD amount in order to stay liquid.
BLD that needs to be reserved and the amount of RUN that can be borrowed against it will be automatically calculated. However borrowers must repay the loan plus interest before unbonding their BLD or withdrawing their staking rewards. Unlike vaults, getRUN loans are backed by future staking rewards.
RUN Token Use Case
RUN token can be used for paying transaction fees.
How to buy BLD Token
You can buy BLD Token when it's officially launched.
How to store BLD Token
You can store BLD token on Coin98 Wallet when it's officially launched.
Team, Investors, and Partners
The team includes experts with a past history of bringing disruptive technologies and products to market. Among the key builders are:
- Mark S.Miller - Chief Scientist: Mark is a pioneer of Agoric computing and smart contracts, the main designer of the E and Dr. SES distributed persistent OCap programming languages, and a former Google research scientist.
- Dean Tribble - CEO: As a Principal Architect at Microsoft, Dean Tribble co-created the Midori distributed object-capability operating system. He previously served as the CTO of Agorics (acquired by Microsoft) and VerifyValid.
- Michael Jablon - COO: In his 25+ years of strategic leadership, Michael has leveraged disruptive technologies, (IP, VoIP, Smart Home) to drive monumental change. At Spectrum, as VP of Product and Strategy, he launched and led the growth of Digital Phone to over 4M subscribers and $2B in annual revenue.
Early Agoric backers include prominent venture funds, including:
Many reputable companies, universities, and protocols, such as Chainlink, Keplr, RMIT University, etc. have offered technical support to Agoric.
Roadmap and Update
Is Agoric a good investment?
It is still too early to form any conclusions about Agoric at this time. However, I will provide you with some information to help you better understand this blockchain, including its unique features and competitive advantages:
Current Programming Languages
It is expected to be an easy-to-join gateway for traditional developers to move to a new & appealing field, blockchain.
IDO on Coinlist
According to historical data, projects IDO on Coinlist usually provide investors with an impressive ROI, which is also why every project that launches on Coinlist frequently attracts a large number of participants.
Solana, Flow, and Casper are some of their notable blockchain platform projects with very high ROI, and Agoric can happen in the same possible way.
Coin98 Insights hopes you have gained all of the important information about Agoric including its features and highlights throughout this topic.
If you have any questions about Agoric or want to know more about Agoric, please feel free to leave a comment below for further discussions about Crypto.
Learn more: What is Biconomy (BICO)? All about BICO Token