Yield farming is undoubtedly one of the most attractive legos in a DeFi ecosystem. People always have a demand for maximizing the profits from their assets. In the Terra ecosystem, people have been very familiar with Anchor, where they can earn saving at a fixed rate of 20%.
However, with the appearance of some yield-optimizer projects on Terra, the APR can be much higher. And one of these projects is Apollo DAO.
What is Apollo DAO?
Apollo DAO is a yield-optimizer project on Terra, which won the 2nd place on Delphi Hackathon and got accepted in DeFi Alliance along with many other big-names such as Anchor, Sushi, Bancor,...
The main idea of Apollo DAO is to utilize the auto-compounding mechanism to maximize the yield a “farmer” can get. Many key assets on Terra have appeared in Apollo DAO such as UST, ANC, MINE, MIR,...
Besides that, Apollo DAO also supports LP tokens and mAssets from Mirror Protocol to offer people a wide variety of options to earn yield.
What is special about Apollo DAO?
The first special thing about Apollo DAO is how it captures value for the APOLLO token. The revenue of the protocol will be distributed as follows:
- 1% goes to Angel Protocol - a charity project on Terra.
- 99% goes to the Warchest.
With this value in the warchest, the value of the APOLLO token is secured to be worth at least the value of the warchest divided by the circulating supply of the token.
Moreover, the fund in the warchest will be used to buy profitable assets such as LUNA, bETH, aUST (more will be decided by the community in the future). In this way, the value of the warchest can grow over time, which has a positive impact on the price of APOLLO afterward.
The second notable thing about Apollo DAO is that besides having the DAO Governance like many other protocols, Apollo DAO has a DAO Metagovernance. Apollo DAO will hold LUNA and governance tokens of many Terra projects. This means APOLLO holders have voting power not only of the Apollo DAO protocol but also of other protocols on Terra.
What is APOLLO token?
APOLLO token is the native token of Apollo DAO. It is used to support the long-term development of the protocol and used as an incentive to attract users to the platform.
Detailed information about APOLLO token
APOLLO Price Today
APOLLO Key Metrics
- Token Name: Apollo DAO
- Ticker: APOLLO
- Blockchain: Terra
- Token Standard: CW20
- Contract: Updating...
- Token type: Governance, Utility
- Max Supply: 100,000,000 APOLLO
- Circulating Supply: Updating...
APOLLO Token Allocation
- Yield Farming: 50%
- Development Fund: 15%
- Private Sale: 15%
- Team: 14%
- LUNA Staker Airdrop: 5%
- Apollo OG: 1%
APOLLO Token Sales
APOLLO Release Schedule
- Yield Farming: 50% is released at TGE and the remaining 50% is distributed monthly over 1 year
- Development Fund: Updating...
- Private Sale: Tokens are distributed monthly over 18 months, starting 1 month after the TGE
- Team: Tokens are distributed monthly over 18 months, starting 1 month after the TGE
- LUNA Staker Airdrop: 25% is released at TGE and the remaining 75% of the airdrop is distributed monthly over 3 years
- Apollo OG: 25% is released at TGE and 25% is distributed monthly over 3 years. The remaining will is distributed through NFT boosters
APOLLO Token Use Cases
Some use cases of APOLLO tokens are:
- Stake to receive shared revenue from the protocol.
How to get APOLLO token
Currently, you can get APOLLO token by:
- Joining the Community Farming Event on Apollo DAO.
- Staking LUNA to have an airdrop opportunity from the protocol in the future.
How to buy APOLLO token
How to store APOLLO token
Apollo DAO Roadmap
The project is planning to release the yApollo token and the NFT boosters.
Team, Investors, and Partners
Apollo DAO has raised a total of $2.2M in its Private Round.
Is Apollo DAO (APOLLO) a good investment?
I hope that from all the mentioned information, you can get a basic understanding of Apollo DAO to start researching more about this project. It is hard to tell firmly whether any project/ token is a good investment or not.
However, I will provide you with some key highlights of Apollo DAO so that you can do your own research and make your own investment decisions:
Apollo DAO is the project that won the 2nd place in the Delphi Hackathon and it was also retweeted by Do Kwon - the co-founder of Terra. This shows a certain level of credit from Apollo DAO.
Apollo DAO has a quite unique mechanism to capture value for its token, which can prevent a dump in price and initiate growth for the token price.
Apollo DAO has a direct competitor in the yield farming landscape, which is Spectrum Protocol. Currently, the APY on Spectrum is higher than that on Apollo DAO so the protocol should have a more proper strategy to attract users to the platform.
- On Terra: Spectrum Protocol, Stader Labs,...
- On other blockchains: Beefy Finance (BSC), Yield Yak (Avalanche), ...
That is all you need to know about Apollo DAO. If you want to have more information about this project, feel free to comment down below.