As the crypto space has become more popular, there has been an influx of new investors. Many of these new investors are coming in with little to no knowledge about cryptocurrencies. This is where the concept of DYOR comes in.
What is DYOR?
DYOR stands for "Do your own research". It is a common saying in the crypto world that encourages people to take personal responsibility for their investment decisions, rather than blindly trusting others.
There are many scams and fraudulent actors in the cryptocurrency space, so it is important to be careful who you trust. Just because someone claims to be an expert does not mean they are telling the truth. Do your own research and always question what you read or hear.
There are many resources available to help you research cryptocurrencies. Some good places to start include online forums, social media groups, and websites like Coin98 Insights.
Why do we need to DYOR?
When it comes to making investment decisions, it is important to do your own research (DYOR). This is because relying on the opinion of others, even if they sound like experts, can lead to bad decisions.
The reason for this is that everyone has different biases and motivations. For example, a KOL may recommend a certain investment project because it will generate more commission for them, rather than because it is the best option for you.
Therefore, the need for DYOR is particularly important when it comes to investments. By taking the time to learn about the different options and doing your own analysis, you are more likely to make sound decisions that will help you reach your financial goals.
Of course, this is not to say that you should never take advice from others. But it is important to remember that ultimately, the responsibility for your investment decisions lies with you. So be sure to weigh all the information carefully before making any final decisions.
The bottom line is: DYOR is essential for making smart investment choices. It may take some extra time and effort, but it’s worth it in the long run!
Steps to Do Your Own Research
DYOR can be difficult and time-consuming, but it's worth it if you're looking to invest in a new cryptocurrency. Here are the basic information that you should consider before investing:
- The team behind the project. Are they experienced and reputable? Do they have a good track record?
- The technology. Is the project built on solid foundations? Is it using cutting-edge technology?
- The community. Is there a strong and supportive community behind the project?
- Once you've done your own research, you should have a good understanding of the project and what it's trying to achieve.
- If you're satisfied with what you've found, then you can make an informed investment decisions.
Remember, there are always risks involved in investing in any cryptocurrency. Make sure you understand the risks before making any investments.
Finally, don't invest more than you can afford to lose. Cryptocurrencies are volatile and prices can go up and down quickly. Only invest what you're comfortable with losing.
These are just a few simple steps, the process can be quite technical. However, if you're serious about investing in a new cryptocurrency, then it's worth taking the time to do your own research.
Tips to DYOR effectively
When it comes to doing your own research in the crypto space, there are a number of different avenues you can explore. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Technical analysis: This involves looking at the price movements of coins and tokens to try and predict future trends. This can be done using charts and technical indicators.
- Fundamental analysis: This approach looks at the underlying factors that could impact the price of a coin or token. This can include things like the technology behind the project, the team working on it, and adoption rates. The white paper is a great way to start with the fundamentals of a project.
- News: Keeping up with the latest news in the crypto world is crucial for understanding what’s going on. This can be done by following news sites, Twitter accounts, YouTube channels, and Coin98 articles.
- Social media: Social media can be a great way to get insights into what the community is thinking about a particular project. This can be done by following crypto-related social media accounts and joining relevant forums and groups.
- Blogs: There are many crypto blogs out there that offer valuable insights into the space. These can be a great resource for learning about new projects and keeping up with industry news.
- Forums: Crypto forums can be a great place to ask questions, learn from others, and get involved in discussions about all things crypto. Some popular forums, including Bitcoin Talk and Reddit, can be worth watching.
Furthermore, there are some useful sources for doing your own research, including:
- Coingecko, CoinMarketcap: These websites also rank cryptocurrencies by market cap and have a lot more available data such as the circulating supply, 24-hour volume, etc.
- Github: Almost every cryptocurrency has a Github where developers post updates on the project. This is generally considered the most important source of information for a project.
- DeFiLlama: A great resource for learning about Decentralized Finance (DeFi), NFT, Blockchain ecosystems and much more.
- Messari: One of the best research tools in crypto. They have a paid subscription but also offer a lot of free data and analysis.
- Twitter: While not always the most reliable, Twitter can be a good source of information and opinions on cryptocurrency projects.
- TradingView: This is a website that allows you to do technical analysis on charts. It is free to use but has paid features as well (learn more: How to use TradingView).
- Dextools: A suite of tools for technical analysis and tracking information about DeFi projects.
These are just a few of the many resources available for doing your own research on cryptocurrencies. The most important thing is to be vigilant and constantly learn about the space so you can make informed investment decisions.
As technical analysis is very important in traditional markets, fundamental analysis is critical in cryptocurrency investing. By doing your own research, you can find projects that have real potential.
If you find this article helpful, please upvote and share it with your friends. Also, don't forget to follow Coin98 Insights for more educational articles about cryptocurrency.
Thank you for reading!