What if you could earn while playing games without giving up the fun? With crypto, that’s now possible. The recent rise in popularity of cryptocurrencies has led many developers into creating new types of games that allow players to use them as part of their prize money or reward system.
We have seen many successful gaming projects this year such as Axie Infinity, The Sandbox or Illuvium. Today's article will give you all the information about a fairly new project that will be listed on Coinlist in the near future, which is the Guild of Guardians (GOG).
What is Guild of Guardians?
Guild Of Guardians is a multiplayer, fantasy, action RPG (Role-playing game) where players build their dream team of Guardians and compete in a guild to earn epic rewards. The team’s vision is to build the world’s most popular RPG where millions of players can turn their passion for gaming into real assets.
In order to achieve such an ambitious goal, Guild Of Guardians is planning to focus developments in the following areas:
- Fun mobile RPG gameplay: The gameplay will always be fun and compelling as it is a combination of action RPG, deep strategy and a dynamic trading metagame. This will keep players engaged and challenged when they play the game.
- Play-and-earn mechanics: Guild of Guardians is free-to-play and players can also earn NFTs and tokens during their gameplay.
- Community-driven incentives: The project will shift its focus onto the community by always rewarding players who play the game and also empowering creators to support their long-term participation in the Guild of Guardians metaverse.
- Highly accessible: Players can play Guild of Guardians on both iOS and Android, making it accessible to almost everyone. Also, they are offered instant and gas-free trading from Immutable X technology.
How does Guild Of Guardians work?
As a mobile RPG game, players will take a team of heroes to collect resources through various challenges in the dungeons. The collected resources can be used to create rare items and heroes which can later be sold for real assets. NFT items are issued as ERC-721 assets and can be transferred to any wallets that support this token standard.
Users can choose a hero from various options based on their playstyle. Each hero will have their own unique characteristics based on their abilities, elements and roles such as Tank, Healer or Support.
The unique gameplay requires players to be in a squad (Guild) of Guardians where multiple players can contribute and develop strategies to complete challenges in-game. This will keep the game interesting and fun as players are always interactive throughout the mission. Also, if a player wants to earn more rewards, they can participate in a larger group to achieve better shares.
There are various ways to earn money during the game such as:
- Guild Crafting: Players can create NFT items through Guild Crafting from their Guild. Crafting materials will be collected through dropped items in the dungeons. Crafted items can be sold in the market and the profits will be allocated to each player’s contributions.
- Hero Merging: Common heroes in Guild of Guardians are not tradeable. However, users can merge multiple heroes into rare ones such as Epic Hero, then it can be sold in the marketplace.
- Daily Gems Rewards: When a player completes daily quests or other game activities, they will be rewarded with Guild of Guardians (GOG) tokens.
- Leaderboard Prizes: The game will give out rewards based on the leaderboard every season to keep the game competitive.
What is a GOG token?
Guild of Guardians Gems (GOG) is the utility token of the project. GOG can be used for various actions such as:
- Minting gaming NFTs: Minting or crafting NFT items in-game will require Gems (GOG) as a fee. The cost of minting or crafting will be increasing over time to encourage early usage of GOGs for players.
- Buying assets in a primary sale: A 20% of the marketplace fee will be applied whenever a player buys or trades items in the primary or secondary sales.
- Players rewards: Fees for minting NFTs in-game will be distributed to a Rewards Pool. Players can Vote + Stake or Play + Stake to earn active rewards from the Pool.
- Governance and Voting: Token holders are able to vote on proposals via decentralized governance. The voting topics can be varied such as developer grants, daily rewards or changes in the token supply.
Detailed information about GOG Token
GOG Token Metrics
- Token Name: Guild of Guardian Gems.
- Ticker: GOG.
- Blockchain: Ethereum (ERC-20, ERC-721).
- Token Standard: Updating…
- Contract: Updating…
- Token Type: Utility, Governance.
- Total Supply: 1,000,000,000.
- Circulating Supply: Updating…
GOG Token Allocation
There will be 1 billion GOG tokens in total. The distribution is as follows:
- Player Rewards: 35% with 350,000,000 GOGs.
- Community Rewards: 28% with 280,000,000 GOGs.
- Public Sale: 6% 60,000,000 GOGs.
- Developers: 20% with 200,000,000 GOGs.
- Guardians Guild Limited: 6% with 60,000,000 GOGs.
- Public Sale: 6% 60,000,000 GOGs.
- Private Sale: 5% 50,000,000 GOGs.
GOG Token Sale & Release Schedule
The sale begins on November 10, 18:00 UTC and has two public options:
- Date: November 10, 18:00 UTC.
- Price: $0.10 per token.
- Min/max: $100 min, $500 max.
- Lockup: 50% of token purchase amount becomes freely trading after 40 days following sale date; - The other 50% of token purchase amount becomes freely trading after 12 months following the sale date.
- Supply: 40M tokens.
- Date: November 10, 23:59 UTC.
- Price: $0.075 per token.
- Min/max: $100 min, $500 max.
- Lockup: Freely trading after 12 months following the sale date.
- Supply: 20M tokens.
The registration deadline for the Guild of Guardians sale is November 7, 23:59 UTC.
The vesting schedule can be found as below:
How to buy GOG token
You can participate in buying Guild of Guardians Gems (GOG) on Coinlist on November 10, 18:00 UTC.
How to mine GOG token
You can earn tokens in many different ways as mentioned above such as:
- Play and Stake.
- Vote and Stake.
How to store GOG token
Coin98 Wallet does not support GOG tokens for now. We will update the article as soon as it is available.
Roadmaps and Updates
This is the roadmap published by the team.
- Q3 2021: They completed the founder sale and commenced minting and trading into Immutable X.
- Q1 2022: The closed invitation for playtesting will be commenced.
- Q2 2022: There will be a soft launch of an “alpha” version of the game. Games will be integrated as part of the Guild of Guardians mobile game economy.
Team, Investors, and Partners
- Derek Lau is the director of the project. He has 8+ years of experience in start-ups and NFTs since 2017.
- Aaron Murray is the Creative Director. He also has 15+ years of experience from working with reputable companies such as EA and Ubisoft.
The game is also developed by Stepico Games and published by Immutable. The collaboration of Immutable’s technology in the gaming space and Stepico’s proven ability to develop mobile games is promising.
Below is a list of investors of the project. Supported by Coinbase and Yield Guild Game, the project has the potential to be one of the best Mobile RPG games in the market.
The main partner of the project is Immutable X as the underlying technology from Immutable X supports players with fast and low transaction fees.
On the other hand, they are also supported by other partners such as Ubisoft, The Sandbox and Yield Guild.
Is GOG a good investment?
This article has provided some of the main ideas related to the GOG token and its implications. You should always do your own research before making any investment decisions.
However, it is important to note that there are a few key points that investors should take into account before making investment decisions:
The project is fairly new and still in the early stage of development. It is hard to come up with any conclusions. However, from the token utilities, we can see that 20% of sales from primary and secondary markets will be contributed to the staking pool. This will ensure every in-game participant will have their fair share of allocations in the long-term period.
From what we have seen, projects listed on Coinlist have been great so far. Guild of Guardians will be the first gaming project on Coinlist, we can expect the quality and every standard is met, at least for the short-term period.
The team of Guild of Guardians are very experienced in the gaming field. The experience from reputable companies such as EA and Ubisoft will definitely accelerate the development of the project.
The play-to-earn blockchain games have developed gradually over the last few months. Institutes, gamers and players are starting to see the huge benefits of this industry which will create more opportunities for everyone. By being one of the first RPG mobile gaming apps, Guild of Guardians will have the potential to become something special.