Staking to earn rewards is one of the signature features of the Terra blockchain. Terra has been well known for staking to receive airdrops from many native protocols. At the moment, the Terra Station wallet seems to be the most familiar staking platform to Terra users. However, now the Terra community has another option to stake their tokens, which is Stader Labs.
What is Stader Labs (SD)?
Stader Labs is a staking platform promising a better staking experience than Terra Station:
Promote decentralization: On Terra Station, users can only choose 1 validator at a time, which is usually a time-consuming process if the user desires to stake with the best validator by comparing different indicators: voting power, self-delegation, commission,...
In contrast, Stader Labs allows users to stake in multiple validators at a time. With only 1 click, the user’s stake will be spread across the best validators.
Maximize yields: With Stader Labs, all of the users’ staking rewards will be auto-compounded to earn 15-25% higher profits.
What is special about Stader Labs?
Stader Labs contract is designed in a modular way: it separates the base capital and the rewards with different contracts. This means that the base capital will be separated from the interactions with other protocols.
This approach creates opportunities for any protocol to interact with Stader Labs smart contract and offer additional staking use cases.
What is SD token?
SD is the native token governance token of Stader Labs, which directly benefits from the development of this protocol.
Detailed information about SD token
SD Key Metrics
- Token Name: Stader Labs
- Ticker: SD
- Blockchain: Terra
- Token Standard: CW20
- Contract: Updating...
- Token type: Governance, Utility
- Total Supply: 150,000,000 SD
SD Token Allocation
- Rewards + Community Farming: 40%
- Team & Advisors: 17%
- DAO Managed Fund: 15%
- Ecosystem Development Funds: 15%
- Private Sale Investors: 13%
SD Token Sales
In Oct 2021, Stader Labs raised $4M in the seed funding round led by Pantera Capital. And in Jan 2022, Coinlist announced the Stader Token Sale.
The sale begins on Jan 25th, 2022, 18:00 UTC, and the registration deadline is January 24, 2022, 23:59 UTC. Token Sale participants can select one or both options to buy SD tokens as follows:
- Option 1: $4.5 per token; 40-day lockup followed by 20% release every month starting on or around March 8, 2022.
- Option 2: $3.33 per token; 3-month lockup followed by 20% release every 2 months starting on or around April 25, 2022.
SD Release Schedule
SD Token Use Cases
Some use cases of SD tokens are:
- Preferential delegations and Insurance.
- Rewards and discounts:
- Liquidity pool rewards: SD is the base tokens of any liquidity pool.
- Discount: SD holders get a discount on the transaction fee.
- Withdrawal fee: SD holders earn a proportion of the withdrawal fee.
- Leverage Stader Labs infrastructure: other protocol stake SD to access Stader infrastructure/ smart contracts.
How to get SD token
At the moment, you can join the Stader Labs community farming program to earn SD tokens. There are 2 ways to get SD:
- Participate in plain staking (starting date: Nov 20th): Stake LUNA on Stader Labs to earn SD tokens.
- Participate in plain staking (starting date: Nov-End): Become a liquidity provider to receive SD tokens.
How to buy SD token
How to store SD token
Stader Labs Roadmap
Stader V1: Audit contract (current stage).
Stader V2: Key features of Stader V2:
- Liquid tokens: to enable instant unlocking of staked LUNA to increase capital efficiency.
- DeFi strategies: integrate with one DeFi protocol and one launchpad to boost APY.
- Gaming integrations.
Team, Investors, and Partners
- Amitej, CEO and Co-founder: has more than 10 years of experience in strategy, start-up scaling, and business transformation.
- Sidhartha, CTO and Co-founder: has more than 10 years of experience in technology at US start-ups.
- Vijay, Product Lead.
- 4Dheeraj, Engineering Lead.
- Vamshi, Protocol and Community Strategy.
Stader Labs has the support from different investors: Coinbase Ventures, True Ventures, Jump Capital, Huobi Ventures,...
Other than big VCs, Stader Labs also has many notable individuals as angel investors: Anchorage CEO Diogo Monica, Coinbase head of crypto Nemil Dalal, Polygon CEO Jaynti Kanani,...
Stader Labs also receives support from many blockchain foundations: Terraform Labs, Solana Foundation, Near Foundation. This supports the vision of Stader Labs to be multi-chain in the future.
Is Stader Labs (SD) a good investment?
I hope that from all the mentioned information, you can get a basic understanding of Stader Labs to start researching more about this project. It is hard to tell firmly whether any project/ token is a good investment or not. However, I will provide you with some key highlights of Stader Labs so that you can do your own research and make your own investment decisions.
Stader Labs is built on Terra, where the staking activities have been really active. From the chart above, you can see that the LUNA staked supply has an overall upward trend. This is possible as Terra creates many incentives for people to stake LUNA or any other tokens: stake to vote, to earn at an attractive saving rate, stake to join lockdrop events, stake to receive airdrops,...
Therefore, Stader Labs can also benefit from this behavior of Terra users: attract them to stake on Stader Labs pools by emphasizing outstanding features of staking on its platform. By providing some superior features to Terra Station, Stader Labs can attract users from Terra Station to its platform.
The current TVL of Stader Labs has reached ~300M, which means that if it is tracked on Defi Llama, it will stand at 6th place, only after key players in Terra (Anchor, Lido, Terraswap, Mirror). Besides a significant TVL, Stader Labs is also invested by top investors: Pantera, Coinbase Ventures,.. so it can be seen as a legit and promising project on Terra.
- On Terra: Terra Station (staking function).
- On other blockchains: Marinade Finance (Solana), Meta Pool (Near),...
That is all you need to know about Stader Labs. If you want to have more information about this project, feel free to comment down below. You can also join our community at Coin98 Community to discuss any topic that you are interested in.