Crypto is vast! New blockchains and networks are generating every day with whole new opportunities and services that you might want to adopt fast. After doing some research, we understand a fact that our users love to experiment with different networks and discover new things in the crypto-verse. And as our aim is to become the multi-chain wallet, custom networks allow you to skin in the game boundlessly.
Custom Network feature is now available on both Coin98 Super App and Coin98 Extension. Currently, users can add unlimited Custom Networks with this feature. To optimize the experience, Coin98 has supported up to 37+ available profiles for testnet and mainnet without filling network information:
- EOS Mainnet
- Arbitrum: One Mainnet, Testnet, xDai
- Mooriver Mainnet
- Moonbase Alpha Testnet
- IoTex: Mainnet, Testnet
- Optimistic: Mainnet, Testnet Goerli
- OMGX: Mainnet L2 BOBA, Testnet L2 MOBA
- Harmony Mainnet: Shard 0, Shard 1, Shard 2
- Theta: Mainnet, Testnet
- Eden Network
What are Custom Networks?
Custom Networks are non-Ethereum networks. Those networks are compatible with EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine). Most of these non-Ethereum networks are sidechains and Layer-2 chains. These chains are scaling solutions to allow more transactions at a cheaper cost.
How to set up Custom Network on Coin98
Users can actively add network configurations to their wallets and create wallets from the newly created Network to easily use, track and manage their crypto assets.
Before we begin, you need to install or update our Mobile App or Extension to the latest version:
The steps of adding a custom network are similar on both the mobile and extension versions, so you can refer to the ways below:
Step 1: Choose WALLETS Tab, and select Manage ⇒ Select Custom Network.
Step 2: Click (+) on the top right corner.
Step 3: To add the custom network that you want to use via Coin98 Super App, you have to fill in the information below:
- Profile (optional).
- Name of the Network.
- RPC URL.
- Chain ID.
- Block Explorer URL (optional).
- For the Testnets and Mainnets available in the Profile of Coin98 Super App, the user only needs to select the name of the Network. The system will automatically update the rest parameters after that. Currently, Coin98 has updated 37+ available profiles.
- For Networks that are not available in the Profile, you must manually enter the required parameters that are provided on the official websites of those Networks.
Step 4: Click Create to complete the process.
How to create a wallet with the new custom network on Coin98
After adding Custom Network successfully, you can create a new wallet. We recommend you create a Multi-Chain wallet on Coin98 to easily manage and get access to all single blockchain wallets with only one single Passphrase. If you are already a Coin98 user, you can import your multi-chain wallets to get updated with Eden Network wallet and other integrated blockchains on the latest version.
The guide below will instruct you to create a new custom network wallet on Mobile App. For Extension, you can do the same.
Step 1: Open Coin98 Super App & click WALLETS, then Manage on the home screen.
Step 2: Click Add Wallet. Choose the Blockchain Testnet icon and click Create.
Step 3: Name the wallet. Click Next:
- Paste the provided Passphrase/Private Key into the confirmation box.
- After copying & saving your Passphrase, tick the “Backup your recovery key” box to confirm & back up the provided Passphrase & Private Key. Please note that this information is crucial to keeping your assets safe.
- Tick the remaining boxes to confirm you’re aware of the risks.
- Click Create Wallet.
Your GateChain Testnet Wallet will be displayed instantly on the home screen. You can also click Manage to check your wallets.