GameFi (Game Finance) is a new term that is the combination of Game and DeFi on the blockchain. In simple terms, this type of game will leverage blockchain technology to create customized “play-to-earn” (or something related) models on top of blockchain-based NFTs.
League of Kingdoms is the next project that will have its Token Sale on Binance Launchpad and the subscription starts from Jan 12-20th, 2021. As the 26th project on the most renowned launchpad in crypto, League of Kingdoms is trying to create a tidal surge of GameFi as Axie Infinity did.
The article below will provide all detailed information about League of Kingdoms, including:
- What is League of Kingdoms? How does it work?
- What is LOKA Token? All detailed information about its Tokenomics.
- How to get and buy LOKA tokens?
- Roadmap and updates.
- Details about the team, investors, and partners.
- Is League of Kingdoms a good investment?
Let’s find out more about League of Kingdoms!
What is League of Kingdoms?
League of Kingdoms is an Ethereum-based strategy game that uses an in-game “play-to-earn” model. Inside the game, players can trade various NFT-based assets on the blockchain and there is also a voting system allowing them to participate in governance. The development team aims to build up an entire ecosystem of the game.
Value Loop is the term introduced by League of Kingdoms since the game depicts a closed value capture system in the above diagram for its base tokens ($LOKA and $DST) and NFTs.
How does League of Kingdoms work?
League of Kingdoms is now available on both Android and iOS mobile platforms, meaning you can play on your mobile phones or mobile simulators on desktop like Axie Infinity players. The game has its token economy promising to be sustainable if it has a large user base.
- Build: Players can build their kingdom in League of Kingdoms. Time, resources, and effort from players are needed to construct the kingdom. Before battling, kings (owners of kingdoms) research new technologies and train the troops to level up to compete with others. Kingdoms among players can battle with each other through multiplayer rally mode.
- Alliance (Guild): Alliance is an in-game feature that forms small communities since some exclusive quests require membership in a guild. League of Kingdoms equipped the game alliance with AI bot support, shops, gifts, buildings, governance, etc.
- Battle: League of Kingdoms allows players to participate in various gameplay modes: PvE, PvP, MMO, and Treasures to level up their kingdoms.
- Farm and Hunt: Farming and hunting are necessary for players to gather resources to construct their kingdoms. As the name of the activities, players farm to get essential resources (wood, stone, food,...) and hunt creatures/monsters for loots.
NFT-based Lands in League of Kingdoms allow landowners to gather resources and mint NFTs to trade with other players. When owning lands, owners will be able to access utilities in the game’s future growth. This feature is similar to Decentraland, emerging as a potential metaverse crypto project since selling NFT lands.
What is League of Kingdoms Token (LOKA)?
League of Kingdoms (LOKA)
LOKA is the League of Kingdoms' main token that captures value from various in-game activities. In the below token flow diagram, the team has designed a detailed economy for crypto assets circulating in the game. With LOKA, holders are considered to be a vital part of the League of Kingdoms universe.
Dragon Soul Token (DST) is the League of Kingdoms tradable utility token that is similar to the SLP token of Axie Infinity. The token is used to breed new Dragos as NFTs in the game.
Detailed information about LOKA Token
LOKA Key Metrics
- Token Name: LOKA.
- Ticker: LOKA.
- Blockchain: Ethereum.
- Token Standard: ERC-20.
- Contract: updating...
- Token Type: Utility and governance.
- Total Supply: 500,000,000 LOKA
- Circulating Supply: updating...
LOKA Token Allocation
LOKA Token Sale
LOKA tokens will be launched on Binance Launchpad. Investors can buy LOKA corresponding to the amount of BNB holding for a period of time. The LOKA Token Sale subscription starts from 2022-01-12 00:00 AM (UTC) to 2022-01-20 00:00 AM (UTC).
Detailed information about the League of Kingdoms token sale:
- Launchpad Hard Cap: 4,000,000 USD
- Hard Cap Per User: 15,000 USD (93,750 LOKA)
- Total Sale Token on Binance Launchpad: 25,000,000 LOKA (5% of Total Token Supply)
- Public Sale Token Price: 1 LOKA = 0.16 USD
- Token Sale Format: Subscription
- Supported Sessions: BNB only
LOKA Token Release Schedule
League of Kingdoms understands that a metaverse can not be built in a day or two. So they designed the release schedule for the LOKA token over the period of 5 years.
LOKA Token Use Case
LOKA is the core lego part that is built around by the League of Kingdoms economy. Therefore, it has multiple use cases to create a sustainable gaming ecosystem as follows:
- Governance: LOKA can participate in on-chain voting proposals and create new ones.
- Staking and Earning Yield: Like other protocols, LOKA holders can stake to get passive income and get yield on the platform.
- Breeding Drago NFT and upgrading them.
- In-game shopping: LOKA can be used to pay for items in the game shop.
How to get LOKA Token
At the moment, you can participate in the LOKA Token Sale on Binance Launchpad. The event starts Jan 12-20th 2021. Then LOKA is available to trade on Binance, so you can buy the token on Binance.
Learn more: How to buy IEO on Binance Launchpad
Roadmap & Updates
- Q1-Q3 2021: Tokenomics design.
- November 2021: Private token sale to accredited institutions.
- December 2021: Smart Contract, Audit, Preparation for TGE.
2022: Play-to-Earn system
- January 2022: Token Generation.
- Public Sale of $LOKA.
- Drago NFT breeding game.
- Dragon Soul Token ($DST utility token).
- NFT Marketplace.
- Staking dashboard.
- Land reward hub.
- E-sport ready "Guild war" tournament launch.
- PvP arena- "The Colosseum" launch.
- 2023: Supporting infrastructure.
- Governance agora.
- Esports dashboard.
- GameFi dashboard.
- Blockchain layer 2.
- Other supporting infrastructures.
- One-stop hub for video game players.
Team, Investors, and Partners
Chan Lee - CEO: Chan has experience in managing and leading startup companies such as NEXTMATCH (he exited), the NOD Games (a blockchain-based game), and UNOPND (as leader). He’s now sailing the League of Kingdoms team.
In Dec 2021, League of Kingdoms raised $3M from major venture capitals (a16z, HASHED, Binance Labs, SEQUOIA,...) to level up the game to the metaverse (League of Kingdoms Arena). The investment is to build a “play-to-earn” economy and construct a user-oriented governance system.
As shown above, giants with the biggest names from various sectors in crypto land are supporting League of Kingdoms. This will leverage League of Kingdoms with the strong network effect from investors.
- OpenSea - Biggest NFT market.
- Sandbox - Top metaverse project.
- a16z - managing billions in assets.
- Binance Labs - Binance is the biggest CEX in the crypto space.
Is League of Kingdoms (LOKA) a good investment?
League of Kingdoms starts from a mobile game with an ambition to become a metaverse world. In this crypto world, and so does the League of Kingdoms. The team receives support from investors and the community with a solid user base. To clarify more, there are some notable insights from Coin98 for investment considerations:
Binance Launchpad is undoubtedly the top launchpad in crypto since almost no project gets a small Return On Investment (ROI). Binance Labs (the venture capital arm of Binance) also participated in the investment round of the game. We can reasonably expect the LOKA Token Sale to get attention from the community according to the data of previous Token Sales on Binance Launchpad.
After releasing the mobile game for a while, League of Kingdoms has a striking competitive factor since the game owns a large user base. As shown in the DAU chart, the number of active users on a daily basis has been exponentially growing to 100,000 in just a few months. Therefore, it’s fair to say that League of Kingdoms has a solid and loyal user base.
Even though the game is based on the Ethereum blockchain with existing drawbacks, the team plans to use other EVM-compatible blockchain solutions as a future migrating destination for the game. This migration is inevitable since the tidal creator Axie Infinity also released an L2 solution Ronin to scale bigger.
As mentioned, Axie Infinity is possibly the most recent target of this strategy game. The team sets up this big target since they apply an arguably similar token flow of the biggest blockchain-based game at the moment. This is an important factor for speculators to estimate the possible target value of LOKA and DST tokens.
As usual, whether it is worth investing or not, Do Your Own Research before investing and be responsible for your investment.
The Sandbox (SAND) is a decentralized virtual-reality platform built on Ethereum that allows users to mint NFTs and play various games on the platform.
Aurory (AURY) is an adventurous NFT game built on Solana that has recently raised over 100,000,000 USDC in a public sale.
Axie Infinity (AXS) is a blockchain game that leads the GameFi trend in 2021 and plans to build its L2 solution so as to not depend on Ethereum.
League of Kingdoms successfully acquires a large number of users actively playing the game on mobile platforms. Therefore, it gains trust and support from the community to realize the ambition.
And that is all you need to know about League of Kingdoms and its LOKA token. I hope you’ve gained helpful insights to understand the potential behind League of Kingdoms.
If you want to know further about League of Kingdoms, please leave a comment below and join Coin98 Community for further discussions about Crypto.