Today's article will explore a project that raised up to $230 million USD through an ICO sale in 2017. It is Tezos (XTZ).
The basic information and current situation of Tezos will be covered in this article, let's find out together.
What is Tezos?
Tezos is a blockchain that was designed with the goal of making it easier for people and businesses to use cryptocurrencies without having any technical knowledge. It does this by creating an ecosystem where validators, researchers/builders, users & investors can all work together on one project: building out new capabilities in cryptocurrency technologies through long-term sustainable development.
How does Tezos work?
The Tezos blockchain enables many features common to cryptocurrencies, but it also provides for a unique voting system. Developers can use its software in order to execute custom programming logic and design new programs meant to replicate products or services on the market today.
The solutions provided by Tezos maintain these principles for the network:
- Governance by the People.
- Smarter Smart Contracts.
- Seamlessly, Forklessly, Endlessly Upgradeable.
- Powerfully Scalable.
- Institutional Grade Security.
- An Energy-Efficient Algorithm.
However, there are unique features that separate Tezos from other blockchain platforms.
- The Tezos LPoS: The Tezos blockchain uses a variation on classic Proof-of-Stake (PoS) consensus called Liquid Proof of Stake (LPos). Unlike traditional PoS algorithms, LPoS is an algorithm used by computers running the Tazos software to secure and validate transactions while distributing newly minted XTZ.
- The Network Shell: A network shell is a program that can be used to maintain the best chain known by its client. It's aware of three types: transactions and blocks, which are only propagated through this system if deemed valid; protocols-Ocaml modules added on top for additional functionality like changing rules or adding new features.
What is XTZ token?
XTZ is the native token of the Tezos platform. Users can use XTZ to pay for transactions fees and to empower smart contracts.
Detailed Information about XTZ Token
XTZ Token Metrics
- Token Name: Tezos
- Ticker: XTZ.
- Blockchain: Tezoschain.
- Token Standard: Updating…
- Contract: Updating…
- Token Type: Utility, Governance.
- Total Supply: Unlimited.
- Circulating Supply: 861,090,080 XTZ.
XTZ Token Allocation
XTZ Token Sale
Public sale (ICO):
- Start Date: June 28, 2017.
- End Date: 13/07/2017.
- Token Price: $0.47
- Payment by: BTC, ETH
- Total raised capital: 361,122 ETH + 65,681 BTC
- Total Tokens sold in the ICO: 607,489,041 XTZ
XTZ Token Release Schedule
How to buy XTZ Token
You can buy XTZ on these listed exchanges: Coinbase, Binance, Kraken,... Alternatively, you can use Coin98 Exchange to swap other tokens for XTZ, check out the Swap button at the end of this article!
Learn more: How to use Coin98 Exchange
How to get XTZ Token
You can earn passive income by participating in the Tezos network via delegation. The current annual yield on Tezos is around 6%.
How to store XTZ Token
You can store XTZ token on Coin98 Wallet with these steps:
Step 1: Open Coin98 Wallet & click Receive on the home screen.
Step 2: Search XTZ Token.
Step 3: Click on the correct result, copy the wallet address and send XTZ to this address.
Roadmaps and Updates
- Carthage (March - 2020): Increased gas limit per block and improved the formula used to calculate rewards.
- Delphi ( Sep - 2020): Improved gas fees and reduced storage costs.
- Edo (Feb - 2021): Added Sapling and BLS12-381 to enable privacy-preserving smart contracts and tickets for native permissions.
- Florence (May - 2021): Doubled maximum size of operations, which more than doubled the maximum size of smart contracts. Deactivated unused Test Chain in the Economic Protocol, resulting in a more streamlined amendment process.
- Granada (Aug - 2021): Introduced Liquidity Baking, which mints a small amount of tez every block and deposits it inside of a constant product market-making smart contract.
Team, Investors, and Partners
Tezos was founded by Arthur Breitman and Kathleen Breitman.
Investors & Partners
Tezos has partnered with highly respected and reputed investors such as Moonchain Capital, CMT Capital, Tenzor Capital, Ledger.vc, 01 Capital….
Other than that, Tezos is also trusted by becoming a partner with other giants from other industries such as Red Bull, McLaren or Ubisoft.
Is XTZ a good investment?
This article has provided some of the main ideas related to the XTZ token and its implications. Still, it is important to note that there are a few key points that investors should take into account before making investment decisions:
Tezos has launched its mainnet in 2017 with $232 million worth of XTZ tokens sold in the ICO. This is considered an early-mover advantage, however, the development of Tezos still stays behind other blockchains such as Solana or Avalanche.
With only $93 million USD total value locked in the ecosystem with no surprising news such as DeFi support package, Tezos really need to step up their game while the market is moving at a rapid pace.
Tezos in fact claims to have some unique features such as LPoS and The Network Shell. However, these standing points are not enough to accelerate the development of the whole ecosystem.
There are only 10 projects being built on Tezos with the highest total value locked one staying at $36 million USD. A solution to attract users and developers to the network such as Hackathon or other incentives would accelerate the developments of Tezos tremendously.
There are many blockchain platforms in the market. This analysis from Coin98 Analytics will give you an overview of similar projects to Tezos including the advantages and disadvantages of each platform.
I hope you have gained all of the important information about XTZ including its features and highlights throughout this topic.
If you have any questions about XTZ or want to know more about XTZ, please feel free to leave a comment below and join Coin98 Community for further discussions about Crypto.