Coin98 Wallet, a non-custodial, multi-chain NFT & crypto wallet and DeFi gateway, is currently one of the most popular digital wallets trusted by hundreds of thousands of users globally.
Don’t know where to begin? Don’t worry, this article will guide you through the basics of the Coin98 Wallet Universe step-by-step. Let’s get started!
What is Coin98 Wallet?
Coin98 Wallet is an important and outstanding feature on the Coin98 Super App. It is a non-custodial wallet used to store, send, and receive multi-chain digital assets. Coin98 Wallet aims to become a Dapp providing Crypto users with a wide range of products/services and at the same time deliver superior smart experiences when utilizing those products/services.
Furthermore, Coin98 Wallet is on a journey to become the best DeFi gateway, providing easy and flawless experiences to all users, even if you are a beginner!
Currently, Coin98 Wallet supports all coins/tokens on more than 50+ blockchain platforms including BTC, ETH, TOMO, Tron, Binance Smart Chain, Solana, Polkadot, Kusama, Huobi ECO Chain, Near, Avalanche, Binance Chain, Celo, Avax C- chain + X-chain, Cosmos (+Thor +Terra +Band +Kava + Secret Network), Polygon (Matic), Fantom, Persistence, KardiaChain, xDai Chain, Ronin, Layer 2 Network (Boba Network, Optimism, Arbitrum), KCC and more to come.
Outstanding Features of Coin98 Wallet
Coin98 has integrated numerous prominent AMMs across many Blockchains to make it easier for users to swap their assets.
- Fast, simple asset transfers: Sending crypto and NFTs is as easy as sending a message to anyone, anywhere. No need for a complicated wallet address, you just need to enter the recipient's Coin98 username to be able to transfer money immediately. In addition, Coin98 now supports Ethereum Name Service (ENS) and Solana Name Service (SNS) allowing you to send assets through .eth and .sol domains directly on the super app.
- High security: Private Key and Passphrase of the wallet are managed by you, no one can access to your personal data. In addition, in version 11.3.2, Coin98 has launched Cloud Sync product as a new option for the current security concern.
- Manage multiple assets: Create or restore wallets and manage all your crypto assets in one place easily.
- Multi-send: Coin98 Wallet supports you to send ETH and ERC-20 tokens on Ethereum, SOL & SPL tokens on Solana, BNB & BEP20 tokens on BNB Chain and tokens of blockchains Polygon, HECO Chain, Klaytn, GateChain, Celo, OKExChain, Tomochain, Avalanche (C-chain), Fantom, Kucoin Community Chain, Arbitrum on XDai simultaneously to many different wallet addresses with the unlimited number of wallets. In the near future, this feature will develop in many other blockchains on Coin98 Super App.
- Gas fee optimization: Automatically optimize transaction costs and speed for users. At the same time, you can also manually adjust the gas fee by pulling the gas fee bar depending on your needs.
- Support hardware wallets: Coin98 supports users to connect to popular hardware wallets on the market: Ledger NanoS/ NanoX, Trezor One, connects to Ledger by bluetooth to help improve and ensure user’s asset security.
- Other features: Besides a cryptocurrency storage wallet, Coin98 Wallet also has many other features to help you have the best DeFi experience: Solana Migration, Approval Wallet, Solana Claim, Custom Networks , Custom Tokens,...
- 24/7 Support: Coin98 team always supports users 24/7 through Live Chat.
How to install Coin98 Super App
Coin98 Super App
Coin98 Super App is available for download at: https://coin98.com/wallet
How to create and restore a wallet on the Coin98 Super App
How to create a single wallet on the Coin98 Super App
Step 1: Open Coin98 Super App & click the Wallets tab on the home screen.
Step 2: Click Add Wallet, choose the wallet icon corresponding to the wallet you want to create and click Create.
Step 3: Name the wallet and select Next.
- Backup your Passphrase and Private Key in a safe place. (Note: This is extremely important information that directly affects your assets. If you lose this important information, it means that you cannot connect to your wallet. No one has the right to recover it except you).
- Copy and paste the Passphrase or Private Key into the Confirm box.
- Tick the box Back up your recovery key and click on the copy icon to confirm that you have saved the Passphrase and Private Key. You must save 12 security keywords and Private Key in a safe place and do not reveal it to anyone. Otherwise, your account is at risk of being stolen when someone knows these keywords.
- Tick the remaining two boxes to confirm that you understand the risks if you lose your Passphrase.
Select Create Wallet
Once completed, the wallet will be displayed on the main interface. You can also access Manage All Wallet to check.
Note: Passphrase and Private Key are very important, so make sure this information is stored carefully.
How to restore a wallet on the Coin98 Super App
If you’ve already had a wallet, you can simply restore it on Coin98 Super App by following these steps:
Step 1: Open the Coin98 Super App & click Wallets tab on the home screen.
Step 2: Click Add Wallet icon
Step 3: Select the blockchain containing the coin/token you want to restore, or you can choose Multi-chain to own the wallet on other blockchains, then select Restore.
Step 4: Name the wallet and enter the saved Passphrase keyword to restore. Click Restore.
- Except for the main tokens of the wallet (eg Ethereum's ETH, TomoChain's TOMO, BNB Chain's BNB, etc.), the token will only be visible when you have a token balance in your wallet. The wallet address for you to recieve tokens is the wallet address of the token represented in the wallet that you have just restored.
- You are required to save the Passphrase and Private Key to be able to recover the wallet, otherwise, you may permanently lose the asset in the wallet.
How to add Custom Network
Step 1: Open Coin98 Super App, select More -> Custom Network
Step 2: Click on the icon (+) on the screen.
Step 3: Fill required information:
- Profile Name (optional).
- Network Name
- RPC URL.
- Chain ID.
- Block Network URL (optional).
Note: The Testnet and Mainnet are available on the Profile of Coin98 Super App, users just need to choose the name of Network. The remaining datas will be automatically updated by Coin98 Wallet.
Step 4: After filling in the required information, you select Create to complete.
How to use the Active Blockchains feature
This feature allows users to select their active Blockchains with a single tap on their mobile device.
Simply put, you can activate your favorite blockchains from among the many supported by Coin98, as well as disable some of them.
Step 1: Choose the More section.
Step 2: At the Wallet tab, click Active Blockchains.
Step 3: A multiple of Blockchain will show up; now tap your preferred blockchains. And click Confirm to finish activating process. The ones with the light on are activated.
How to add coins & tokens on Coin98 Wallet
First, to add any token, you need to determine which blockchain the token belongs to. Then you just need to create or restore the wallet of that blockchain. If there is a balance in your wallet, that token will appear in your list of assets.
In addition, for tokens that are not yet available on the Coin98 Super App, users can add custom tokens according to the following instructions:
Step 1: In the homepage interface, select More → Custom Tokens.
Step 2: Fill in the following information:
- Select Blockchain.
- Enter the Contract Address (the contract address of the token)
- Token name
You can check this information on block explorers.
Users only need to select Blockchain and enter the Contract Address of the coin they want to add to the wallet. The remaining data will be automatically updated after the user enters the correct contract address.
In case the system fails to extract the data, you can manually fill in the remaining data in the required cells.
To finish adding tokens, select Create and you're done.
How to hide tokens from the asset list
Step 1: Open the Coin98 Super App, select the Wallets tab.
Step 2: Click and hold the token's logo.
Step 3: Click the eye icon on the right side of the tokens you want to hide.
How to View hidden tokens
Step 1: Open the Coin98 Super App, select More.
Step 2: Click Hidden Tokens.
Step 3: Check the list of all tokens that have been hidden. If you want to show any token again, click the icon like the image below.
How to activate and manage wallets
On the Coin98 Super App, you can create many different wallets with any blockchain, depending on your needs and usage. However, on the main screen of the Coin98 Super App, only one wallet is displayed for each blockchain. It is the active wallet.
Step 1: On the homepage, select All Wallets.
Step 2: On the right, click the ON/OFF button to activate/hide each wallet.
- After creating a new wallet, it will be automatically activated.
- This feature is extremely convenient if you use a multi-chain wallet or use many wallets, you can activate the used wallets and turn off the unnecessary ones. This helps to improve the experience when using the wallet.
How to receive, send coins & tokens on the Coin98 Super App
How to add addresses to contacts
In order to make the process of sending and receiving tokens becomes smoother, Coin98 supports users to save wallet addresses for frequent transactions to save time and ensure accuracy.
Saving contacts and accessing them is as simple as how you use your phone. Please follow these steps:
Step 1: In the homepage, select More.
Step 2: In the Wallet section, select Contacts to get started.
Step 3: Fill in the necessary information:
- Label: the recipient's name or simply name for you to easy to remember
- Address: enter the address of the wallet you want to save (check carefully before select create)
- Blockchain: select the blockchain of the wallet address you want to save.
Step 4: After carefully checking the information, select Create to complete.
How to receive coin/token
On the homepage, you select the Wallet tab.
Step 1: Select coin/token on the main interface.
Step 2: Click Receive.
Step 3: Copy the wallet address, then send the coin/token you want to receive to this wallet address.
Step 1: Click Receive on the main interface.
Step 2: Find the name of the coin/token you want to receive to your wallet.
Step 3: Click on the receive icon next to the coin/token name.
Step 4: Copy the wallet address and then send that coin/token to this address.
How to send coin/token
Step 1: Select the coin/token you want to send on the main interface.
Step 2: Click Send.
Step 3: Fill in the number, wallet address (can get the wallet address from saved contacts) and message to the recipient (if any).
Step 4: Slide the Send bar to finish.
You can customize the gas fee with fast or slow processing speed depending on your purposes. The gas fee will be explained in detail in the following section.
Step 1: Click Send on the main interface.
Step 2: Select the wallet with the coin/token you want to send (1) and select the token/coin (2).
Step 3: Enter the number, wallet address and message for the recipient (if any).
Step 4: Slide the Send bar to finish.
How to use the multi-send feature
There are 2 options for you to use this feature of the Coin98 Super App:
After logging in to Coin98 Super App, follow these steps:
Option 1: In the homepage interface, select More → Multisender
Option 2: In the Wallet interface, you click on the token you want to send multisend
Step 2: Choose the token you want to transfer.
Step 4: Slide the bar Slide to send
- You can adjust the Gas Fee (fast or slow processing speed). You can choose the gas fee level with the transaction processing speed you need. This is one of the outstanding advantages of the Coin98 Super App, helping you to be proactive in adjusting gas and at the same time increasing your ability to win the gas war.
- You need to hold the stablecoin for transaction fees.
How to send and receive NFTs on the Coin98 Wallet
From version 10.2, users can store, track, send and receive NFTs on Coin98 Super App, opening up skin-in-the-game opportunities and access to the simpler and easier NFT, Gaming trend
NFT Tracking and Archiving
After opening Coin98 Super App, at the main screen interface, users select the NFTs tab in the upper navigation bar.
With existing NFTs or importing wallets from other wallet applications, the user's NFT will be fully displayed in this interface.
The NFTs are stored classified by project, users can check the number of holdings and view detailed information on each type of NFT when clicking on the project's logo.
Option 1: get the blockchain wallet address which have the NFT project that Coin98 Super App is supporting through the Wallet Management section.
Step 1: In the main interface, select All Wallets.
Step 2: Select the wallet of the corresponding blockchain you want to receive NFT.
Step 3: Select Copy Address or Scan Wallet Address.
Option 2, if the project's NFT is available on the screen, the guideline will be simpler.
Step 1: Select the project the user wants to transfer NFT to the wallet on the main screen. Click on any NFT
Step 2: Select Receive.
Step 3: Copy the wallet address by clicking the copy icon or using the QR code. Transfer the NFT to the copied address for confirmation.
How to send NFT
Step 1: In the interface displaying NFTs, click to select the NFT that the user wants to send.
Step 2: Select Send.
Step 3: At the NFT sending interface, the user enters some of the following required information:
- The address of the recipient's NFT wallet (can use quick action buttons such as scanning QR code, getting the address from the address book).
- Enter the message for the recipient (if any).
- Adjust the gas charge slider (Gwei) to suit your needs.
- Slide the Send bar to complete the transaction.
- In the default state, the Gas fee is adjusted to the standard level, which is the optimized fee to be able to transact with the fastest speed and the most reasonable cost.
- Depending on the blockchain of each NFT project, the transaction fee will also be calculated differently. Users need to prepare the stable coins in their wallets in the respective chains for transaction fees.
- Transfer and receive the correct wallet on the respective blockchains that the project supports.
If the user wants to skin-in-the-game right from the NFT display interface, just press the "Play" button.
View transaction history
Option 1: View the overall transaction history of the wallet
Step 1: At the main screen of the Coin98 Super App, click History.
Step 2: Select the wallet you want to see the transaction history.
Step 3: The transaction history will be displayed at the bottom of the wallet.
Option 2: View the transaction history of each token/coin in the wallet
Step 1: In the Wallet section of the Coin98 Super App, click on the token/coin you want to view the transaction history.
Step 2: Click on the token/coin that you want to see the transaction history.
Step 3: The transaction history will be displayed below.
How to get the passphrase and private key of the wallet
Option 1: Save immediately when creating a wallet
When creating a wallet, Coin98 Super App recommends that you copy your private key and passphrase and keep it in a safe place. Never share information with anyone.
Option 2: Get the passphrase/ private key in the Manage section
Step 1: On the main screen of the wallet, select All Wallets.
Step 2: Select the wallet that you want to get back the Private key/ Passphrase. For Multi-chain wallets, click on any of the sub-wallets inside.
Step 3: Select Show Private Key & Passphrase (Show Private Key & Passphrase).
Step 4: Copy Passphrase and Private Key.
Note: Private Key and Passphrase are two extremely important information used to restore your wallet, if you lose your private key/passphrase, you will lose control of your assets. So it's best when creating a wallet, you should save these two information immediately and always.
Instructions for using Cloud Sync on Coin98 Super App
Cloud Sync (or sync to the cloud) is a new solution to security issues on Coin98 Super App. It is understandable that the data about assets in a wallet will be synchronized to the cloud data corresponding to the user's iCloud or Google Drive account. This is considered a new backup solution or is used when a user needs to access the wallet on another device but it is not convenient to enter the Passphrase or Private Key because it is surrounded by strangers.
For detailed instructions on how to use Cloud Sync, read here.
How to use the Solana Wallet migration feature
Unlike other Blockchains, SOL addresses and SPL addresses are totally different, making it hard for users to utilize. If users send SPL tokens to SOL addresses, the network will automatically initiate another SPL address instead of navigating to the existing Wallet. That is the main reason why assets are divided into many single SPL addresses.
Solana Wallet Migration is a solution that helps users to migrate their associated SPL tokens to a single SOL wallet address and prevent the fragmentation of users’ assets when interacting with Solana DApps.
Step 1: In the Homepage, select More
Step 2: Choose Migration to start the migration process.
Step 3: Here you can check:
- Tokens are stored on multiple wallet addresses and the amount of each token.
- The current address and the new address were created after the migration.
Select Migrate, select Done and wait for the migration confirmation to complete.
Users only use this tool when they have many SPL tokens on the same Solana Wallet; in other words, can’t use it to migrate the SPL tokens to different Solana wallets.
This migration process will take a minor network fee, which SOL charges to confirm the transaction.
How to revoke token allowances
In order to trade, farm, stake, or interact with any dApps, users are required to allow smart contracts to access their assets. There are 2 approaches to allowance: Allow for a specific amount of tokens and unlimited approval.
Allow for a specific amount of tokens: Users give access to a particular amount of tokens for smart contracts of DApp. It can not exceed the maximum number of tokens that you grant.
Unlimited approval: It means that users provide a smart contract with full permission of your funds.
Unlimited approval brings them a fast and frictionless experience; however, it might potentially affect the risk of asset loss if users interact with untrustworthy platforms or scamming pools.
It is recommended not to grant unlimited access to a platform to keep your funds safe.
Step 1: Open Coin98 Super App & select More.
Step 2: At the Wallet section, choose Wallet Approval to start revoking token.\
Step 3: Click to a wallet you often interact with DeFi services.
Step 4: In this interface, you can revoke the permission of any desired contract by clicking on the [x] icon.
Step 5: Click Done for completion and wait for seconds. All done!
Once completed, the system will display a message to notice.
Once completed, the system will display a message to notice.
This revocation will take you a small network fee; please ensure you have enough parent tokens on the wallet.
You can choose any wallet that interacts with the DApp to experience the Wallet Approval feature by clicking on the default wallet area.
How to claim Initial Fees (in SOL) back on Serum DEX
To swap on platforms that use liquidity from Serum, before each trade, users will have to pay a fee (~0.02 SOL) to create a trading pair (Example: SUNNY - USDC). This fee will only be charged for the first time/a trading pair and can be claimed back when the user no longer needs to swap that pair.
You can follow the steps below:
Step 1: Open Coin98, select More.
Step 2: Select Solana Claim.
Step 3: Select the Solana wallet which has the trading pair you want to Revoke.
Step 4: Select the trading pair you want to Revoke.
Step 5: Click on the icon on the right to claim SOL, select Done to confirm.
Portfolio tracking on Coin98 Super App
Step 1: Open Coin98 Super App, select More
Step 2: Select Asset Statistics.
Step 1: Open the Coin98 Super App and click Manage on the home screen.
Step 2: Click Asset Statistics.
Step 3: Your asset statistics are displayed in a pie chart.
Hopefully, the blog has explained & guided you to understand how to distinguish and use features on the Coin98 Super App.
Best regards and see you in the next posts!
If you have any questions or problems that have not been answered here, please join Live Chat Support for support. The Coin98 team will support you 24/7 and help you avoid being scammed.
- Desktop/laptop: https://livechat.coin98.com
- Mobile: Open the Coin98 app and select Live Chat Support