Harmony is an open and fast blockchain, an innovative Layer-2 solution for Ethereum that has near-instant finality and low transaction fee. Its mainnet currently runs Ethereum applications with 2-second transaction finality and 100 times lower fees.
To be able to get skin in the game with this blockchain, of course, you will need a Harmony Wallet. In today's article, I will show you the details on how to create Harmony Wallet.
What is the Harmony?
The Harmony Wallet is where ONE, HRC20 & HRC721 standard tokens are stored in the Harmony blockchain. You can send and receive ONE, HRC20 & HRC721 standard tokens as well as interact with applications on the Harmony platform.
In particular, this wallet is owned by you, so no one has the right to influence or use the wallet other than you.
Harmony Wallet has 3 extremely important pieces of information you must note:
- Wallet address: A sequence of numbers and characters used to send assets to the Harmony wallet. Others can transfer coins to you through the wallet address you provide. A Harmony (ONE HRC20 HRC721) wallet address will have two following formats:
- A Harmony (ONE) wallet address will have the format starting with "one...": one16mk775jj02gmgpt52v7p090u0lxsw78ưv7f76t
- A wallet address has the same format as ETH wallet and BSC wallet, so if you create a Multi-chain wallet, the addresses of these 3 wallets are the same: 0xD6Edef52527a91b40574533C1795Fc7fcd0778Ee
- Passphrase: A security key that can be understood as a password consisting of any 12 English keywords. If you want to perform the wallet recovery operation, you must go through the Passphrase login step. Format of a Passphrase: boost more luxury curve broccoli bounce shine rule chef
- Private Key: This is a string format to connect to the account, quite similar to the password of a bank account. Format of a Private Key: 0x5a1899ad1806e58eaca612fb864261484d4ff9a746fa431e0a18ceb76b7f6038.
To make it easier to visualize, you can imagine that the Harmony Wallet is a bank account, the wallet address is the account number and the passphrase/private key is the password.
The difference here is that with a bank account, other people will know your personal information. As for the Harmony Wallet, the user becomes anonymous, no one knows who owns the wallet, and transactions only occur through the address encoded into a sequence of numbers and characters.
Where to create a Harmony Wallet?
You can create a Harmony wallet through Coin98 Wallet.
Coin98 Wallet is a NFT & non-custodial wallet that not only supports the Harmony platform but also many other platforms such as Ethereum, Solana, Harmony, Polygon, Kusama, BSC, HECO Chain, Near, Avalanche (C-Chain & X-Chain), Polkadot, Cosmos, Terra, Persistence, Bitcoin, TomoChain, Celo, Binance Chain, THORChain, BandChain, Kava, xDAI, GateChain, Klaytn, OKExChain, Ronin, Secret Network, KuCoin Chain, Boba Network, Arbitrum on Ethereum, Arbitrum on xDai, Optimism, KardianChain,...
Because it is a decentralized wallet platform, users are in complete control of assets, no one has access to your wallet including the developers. You can rest assured when storing ONE, HRC20 & HRC721 standard tokens here.
How to create a Harmony Wallet (ONE HRC20 HRC721)
This tutorial will guide you on how to create a new Harmony wallet on both mobile and desktop interfaces, you can also install both to flexibly switch use.
Coin98 Mobile Wallet
Download and access the app
Harmony Wallet is now available on the Coin98 Mobile Wallet for both iOS and Android users.
After downloading the app, you open the Coin98 Wallet application and select the language you want to use to directly access the wallet interface.
At this interface, you can create a new wallet or restore an existing wallet from other wallet applications to Coin98 Wallet.
Create the Harmony (ONE, HRC20 & HRC721) Wallet
Step 1: Open the application, at the homepage click Manage.
Step 2: Click Add Wallet and click on the icon Harmony (ONE HRC20) to create a Harmony wallet or you can choose to create a Multi-chain wallet to own more wallets with the same passphrase (recommended) → Create.
Step 3: Create a name for the wallet (name it something that you can remember or is convenient for later use). Click Next.
Step 4: Back up the Passphrase/ Private key in a safe place.
Note: These are VERY IMPORTANT information that directly affects control over your assets.
- Copy and paste the Passphrase/Private key into the Confirm box.
- Tick the box Back up your recovery key and click on the copy icon to confirm that you have saved your Passphrase/Private key. You must save the security key in a safe place and do not disclose it to anyone. Otherwise, your account is at risk of being stolen when someone knows these sequences of characters.
- Tick the remaining two boxes to confirm that you understand the risks if you lose your Passphrase/Private key.
Select Create Wallet.
Once done, you can also go to Manage → Manage All Wallets to check the newly created Harmony wallet.
Coin98 Extension Wallet
You access chrome.coin98.com to install Coin98 Extension Wallet.
For instructions on installing and using Coin98 Extension Wallet, you can refer here.
Create the Harmony (ONE, HRC20 & HRC721) Wallet
How to receive ONE, HRC20 & HRC721 into Coin98 Wallet
This operation is similar on both the mobile version and the extension, so you should refer to the ways below and follow.
Step 1: Click on the Harmony Wallet on the main screen.
Step 2: Click Receive.
Step 3: Copy the wallet address or use the QR code address.
How to send ONE, HRC20 & HRC721 from Coin98 Wallet
This operation works the same on both Coin98 Mobile Wallet and Coin98 Extension Wallet. Here, I will give an example of how to send ONE or HRC token stored in a mobile wallet.
Step 1: Click on Harmony wallet.
Step 2: Choose Send.
Step 3: Select the token and enter the number of tokens you want to send & the wallet address to send to. Adjust the Gas fee slider to suit your needs → Slide the Send bar to confirm sending.
In addition, you can also go to the Send section in the main interface, select the Harmony wallet you want to send from.
- The gas fee for each transaction is paid with ONE, approximately 0.00021 ONE.
- The default gas fee on Coin98 Wallet has been set at the standard rate that offers the most optimized speed at a reasonable cost.
Some notes when using Harmony Wallet
Is it safe to store ONE, HRC20 standard tokens on Harmony Wallet?
Coin98 Wallet is a non-custodial wallet, that is, full control of assets belongs to you, no one has access unless you disclose the key to others.
Is there a fee to send ONE, HRC20 tokens and transfer ONE, HRC20 token?
Sending ONE, HRC20 token from Harmony will cost the blockchain platform fee in ONE to confirm the transaction. But the transaction fees on Harmony is much cheaper than on Ethereum.
Is it possible to create multiple Harmony wallets?
Yes! You can create as many Harmony wallets as you want, each wallet will have a different address and passphrase, so remember to save each of them. Each wallet should be named so that you can easily manage them if you create multiple Harmony wallets.
Can Harmony Wallet store other coins?
Harmony Wallet can store ONE, HRC20 standard tokens supported by the Harmony blockchain platform. In addition, do not transfer any coins on other blockchain platforms to Harmony Wallet if you do not want to lose your assets
With the fast development of the crypto market, you will see a series of potential DeFi projects appearing on Harmony. Hope the tutorial can help you to easily create and use Harmony (ONE HRC20) on Coin98 Wallet.
If you have any questions about the above steps, don't hesitate to leave a comment at the end of this tutorial! The Coin98 team will answer your questions as soon as possible! See you in our future posts!
Learn more: What is TON Wallet? How to use A TON Wallet